Panic button with 24/7 assistance
What is the AfriForum 911 Emergency Button app?
The AfriForum 911 Emergency Button app is an emergency app that you can download to your smartphone, turning it into an emergency button. The app connects you directly to any of the applicable service provider across South Africa. These service providers can quickly access your information via the app so that the applicable care can be given to you and your family.
AfriForum offers the following in cooperation with Response 24:
- Armed response and medical emergency response services at the push of a button
- Exact GPS location identification from where the call for help is coming – accuracy up to 5 metres
- Direct alerts to reduce communication barriers
- Faster response times with live updates of responders
What free benefits does the AfriForum 911 Emergency Button app offer you?
You can send one armed response alert per month and one medical emergency response alert* per month for yourself (as AfriForum member) or one of maximum of five dependants (direct family) as a shared benefit by simply clicking the AfriForum 911 Emergency Button app’s emergency button – free of charge!
You can see in real time where your family members are on the central map home screen of your smartphone so that you know they are safe. Your family members must also download the App and register on it, otherwise they will not be visible on the map.
You can trigger a reverse panic on behalf of any registered 911 family member or friend to send for armed or medical response, or to navigate to them.
You can create permission-based groups of loved ones.
You can create geo-fences around specific locations to keep updated on your family’s movements in and out of these areas.
* Please note: This benefit does not cover any costs for medical transportation and other related medical costs. These will be for your own account.